In the Books Section:
- Is this more a "detective" novel or "vampire" novel?
- How does this compare to other "avmpire genre" works (Anne Rice, Vampire: The Masquerade, etc)? What is unique or special about this vampire compared to others you've encountered?
- Did you find the heroine's relationship with her old boyfriend attarctive/appealing? Is Henry easily smitten with Vicki because she is strong like a man? Which does Henry like better?
- The GLBT content in the story is very peripheral though increases in later volumes. Did it feel like the author was "testing the water" or merely setting the stage?
- What were the demons trying to accomplish and is their place in the mythos of the universe clear?
- What does Vicki's medical problem bring to the story? Does it make a difference?
- Can vampires actually have sex in this universe, or is blood drinking a substitute?
- Is Vicki a likable person? If not, what attraction does she hold for the male characters?
Other books in the "Blood" series by Tanya Huff: