In the Books Section:
Enter the Aardvark
Discussed March 2021
By Jessica Anthony
Buy Enter the Aardvark from Amazon.com
- Did you finish the book? Did you like it?
- What did you think of the second-person narration in the contemporary story?
- Did you think that the interweaving of the two stories from different time periods was
- What did you think of the aardvark as a device to drive the story?
- What did you think of the character of Alexander Paine Wilson? Does the character have
any redeeming qualities?
- By the end of the book, has Wilson fundamentally changed at all?
- What's the significance of taxidermy to the themes of the book?
- What parallels are there between the characters of Titus Downing and Alexander
- What's the significance of eyes to the story? Why the "focus" on them? Cow's eyes,
protruding eyes, the aardvark's human eyes, the eyeless ghost of Richard Ostlet?
- How different are the two same-sex relationships in the book? How do the four
characters parallel each other?
- What's the significance of the ghost? Are Greg Tampico and Richard Ostlet ghosts?
Alive? Something else?
- What did you think of the endings for the two main characters?