In the Books Section:
Discussed August 2022
By TJ Klune
Buy The Extraordinaries from Amazon.com
- Did you like the book?
- Nick’s blog is used throughout the book. What do you think of the use of this device? Does it add to the story?
- The book refers to Nick’s blog as fanfic. Is it truly fanfic?
- What do you think of Nick’s father and his role in the story?
- How do you think the adults handle the “Extra-ness” of the teens as the book progresses?
- Apparently because of his ADHD, Nick thinks differently than others. How does this help or hinder his friends and family?
- What do you think of Nick’s friends?
- When did you guess that Shadow Star might be one of Nick’s acquaintances?
- What do you think about what the book says about good and evil?
- Could you see the good/evil twist coming? What did you think of it?
- There are several relationships in the book. Discuss.
- Nick and Owen
- Nick and Seth
- Gibby and Jazz
- Nick and his dad
- Seth and his aunt/uncle
- Nick, Seth, Gibby, and Jazz
- This is the first of a trilogy. Will you read the other books in the trilogy?