In the Books Section:
- Did you enjoy this book? Why or why not?
- If you saw the episode of DS9 that this book was based on, how do you
think the novelization compares? Was it better or worse? What were the
relative strengths and weaknesses of the two mediums?
- This story made an effort to educate the reader about racism in the
1950's. Did you find the story educational? Was it handled well or was
- One constraint when writing a novelization of another work (in this
case a TV show episode) is that you're forced to work within a
pre-established universe. Did this novel stay true to its source
material? Did it suffer due to this constraint?
- Are you a fan of Star Trek? Of Deep Space Nine? Did your enjoyment
(or lack thereof) of Star Trek/Deep Space Nine help or hinder your
enjoyment of the book?
This page maintained by Rob Gates. Last updated March 10, 2001.