In the Books Section:
- Did you like the book? Why or why not?
- Jules seems to have quite a few humanly concerns for a supernatural being, such as his concern about becoming diabetic and his low self esteem. What do you think these human concerns do for him if anything?
- Do you think this story could have been told in anyplace other than
- What do you think of Jules' mental state?
- The book touches on several themes, including:
- Chubby chasers
- Treatment of the mentally disabled
- Secret Societies
- Government Investigation of the supernatural
How does the author handle each of these themes and how well do they fit into the story?
- The author applies Einstein's theories of mass & energy to vampire transformation. Does this application make sense and what do you think of applying scientific theory to vampires?
- What do you think of the people Jules considers friends?
- Doodlebug returns to Jules as a teacher rather than the kid/student he was when he left. How does he do as a shaman-like character?
- In each encounter with Malice X - Jules' own self-image seemed to get in the way. Did he overcome it in any degree throughout the book?
- Was it believable that Malice X was outsmarted by Jules?
- In the end, did Jules grow at all or learn anything from his experiences?