In the Books Section:
- What did you like about The Ghost Sister? Did you dislike any aspects of this novel?
- What did you think about the GLBT content?
- Do you see any similarities between The Ghost Sister and Mary Doria Russell's The Sparrow? How are the two novels similar/different? Do you prefer one novel over the other? If so, why?
- What would you say is/are the major theme(s) that Williams explores in The Ghost Sister?
- "Gaianism" is apparently the predominant religion of the Core worlds (i.e. Irie St Syre and others). How would you describe "Gaianism" (tenets, beliefs, practices)? How would you describe Elshonu Shikiriye's "heresy"? Were you surprised at any aspects of either of these belief systems?
- Williams reveals that "biomorphic fields" and "biomorphic generators" are the scientific basis for Mondhaith biology & society. How did your feelings about these concepts affect your enjoyment of the novel?
- From time to time, Williams makes brief (often cryptic) references &
allusions to various aspects of Mondhaith history and society. (Example: "It was the old droveway, the ore-bearing road which led through the abandoned mine workings of the Ettic lords.") How did this affect your enjoyment of the story?