In the Books Section:
The Prey of Gods
Discussed September 2018
By Nicky Drayden
Buy The Prey of Gods from Amazon.com
- Elkin Rathers-Muzikayise’s friend and lover
- Muzikayise McCarthy (Muzibot) – teenager that uses hallucinogenic drugs with unusual side effects
- Nomvula- little girl with golden eyes and a big secret
- Rife - Riya’s lover and drug provider. Elkin’s cousin.
- Riya Natrajan-world famous pop star with daddy issues
- Wally Stoker (Felicity Lyons)-councilman by day and different personae by night
- Sydney-gains power through the fears of dying humans
- Papa Fuzz-Muzikayise’s grandfather
- Mr. Tau-mentor to Sydney and Nomula?
- Adam Patel, Brandy Shafer, Gregory Mbende, Pearl Bayles, Rhoda Sanjit
- Robots-Clever4-1, Clever4-1.1
- Did you finish the book? Did you like it?
- Would you categorize this book as speculative fiction, fantasy, science fiction, or something else?
- Were the elements of wry humor, mythology, and paranormal effective?
- How did you feel of the future South African urban setting?
- Would you classify this book as Afrofuturism?
- What did you think about the LGBT content?
- How did you feel about the interactions of the robots and the humans?
- How did you feel about the treatment of Clever4-1 and Clever4-1.1 by their former owners?
- How did the interactions the robots had with humans manifest how they in turn treated humans?
- Did the different cultures (ie. Xhosa, Zulu) add to the overall storyline?
- What did you think of the Xhosa ritual that Papa Fuzz wanted Muzi to take part?
- Compare and contrast the relationship of Mr. Tau and Sydney vs. Mr. Tau and Nomvula.