In the Books Section:
- Do you like the book? Have you read other books by Elizabeth Bear? Will you read any other books by her?
- Did Bear create a believable, complete future? Are the planet and the ranids believable and well rounded?
- Do you feel that you know enough about the main characters motivations to make the action believable?
- Who was the protagonist: Andre, Jean, or Cricket? Or was one of the ranids the protagonist?
- Which ranids' mentality did you identify with most: Ourami's (accept the benefits the humans brought to the planet and ignore their silliness) or Cetai's (make the humans go away)?
- Did you feel that Cricket, Moon Morrow, and the laws about clones make sense?
- Does the ranids' sex/gender system make sense? Did Bear do a good job of explaining the system and using it to propel the story forward?
- Did the dimension merging part of the story work? What did it add to the story? Take away?
- Did the lack of romance/passion between any of the characters, for example Cricket and Andre, enhance or harm the story?
- Did you feel the violence of the attack on the ranids and their revolution was consistent with the rest of the story?
- Did you think the ending was rushed? Or that the tying up of the loose ends was too fast and coincidental?
- Is the title, Undertow, appropriate?