In the Books Section:
- Did you like the book?
- What were the different plot lines?
- Who were the main characters?
- What archetypes were being used?
- What was the author's message? Was there none, one,
- Did the structure of the book -- multiple plot
lines woven together w/ minimal marking of
point-of-view shifts -- work for you? Did it enhance
the book in any way?
- Is a strong understanding of various mythologies
essential for following the novel?
- Clearly, the author intended some of his
characters to be the characters of myths from around
the globe. Did the characters seem true to their
source myths? Did they work as fully realized, novel
characters within this framework?
- Matthew Shepard’s murder has a cameo (or 2) in the
book. How do those scenes contribute to the plot? Is
that historical moment truly relevant/meaningful to
today’s typical reader? How well do the other
historical moments in the book work?